- The archetypal, iconic handmade English bat, refined and improved every season since its launch over a decade ago, but still founded on the same basic principles: indulgently large profile, pitch perfect balance and stunning performance.
- The work of fastidious Salix hand making and individual treatment at every stage from cleft to bat.
- Traditional faced yet still bowed with a long, deep, mid driving area and amplified edges, the Pod is full backed giving both depth and mass through the bat’s core.
- The result is the greatest and most rewarding playing surface, with lightest pick up and superb manoeuvrability.
- Every angle is precisely shaped and smoothed through our unique sanding so the bat undulates in form - more sculpture than carpentry.
- The Pod is performance in its highest state.
- traditionally rounder pressed face
- classical bowed pressing, rerunning through the driving area
- sculpted profile with minimal concave sanding for fullest back
- concentration of wood in middle and spline of bat
- greatest core strength, intense control
- substantial edges
- gentle, long bow
- mid driving area
- triangular, slightly duck-billed toe
- pronounced, traditional oval handle
- for classical players, front & back foot
- new pared back labels in aquamarine ‘reeded’ copper and black
- senior Pod: 2,8 to 2,13 in Players, Marque, Performance and Select grades
- Hybrid: The size which falls between a standard bat and harrow, which is 1/2" shorter in length and 1/16" narrower in width; the reduction in height is taken from the blade and/or handle as suits the bat best.
- highest level of English artisan batmaking: individually handmade by Salix
- CNC free manufacturing, individual in-house pressing and processing from cleft to bat
- Standard - £6.35 (Monday to Friday) Delivery within 3-5 working days.
- International - £29.95 To over 120 countries, within 7 - 14 working days.
- Europe - £29.95 Delivery within 7 - 14 working days.
Please note: We cannot deliver on English public holidays or at specific times of day, unless otherwise stated.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the items are returned in their original packaging.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted. Return by post or courier within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when we will refund you with an eVoucher to the value of your items.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.