- The Wisden on the Ashes: The authoritative story of cricket's greatest rivalry is a detailed chronological journey through the history of this famous English-Australian contest. With Test reports, scorecards, "Great bowlers of the year" and other fascinating material from the archives, together with new editorial pieces, this is a remarkable record of cricket's most enduring battle.
- The book begins its journey with England's first tour of Australia in 1876 and the subsequent three series prior to the 1882 tour that led to a mock obituary being placed in the Sporting Times "In affectionate remembrance of English cricket, which died at The Oval on 29th August, 1882. ... The body will be cremated and the ashes taken to Australia." Celebrating the players who made their mark on the game and the controversies that shook the sport, the book covers every series since then through to the most recent series. In 2005 England won a highly competitive series that helped raise the popularity of the sport, and each series since then has attracted huge attention.
- Beautifully produced, this book will be a welcome addition to all cricket enthusiasts' collections, as well as an ideal gift purchase.
- This updated edition includes the 2009 series, which saw England regain the Ashes on home soil after the disappointment of the 2005-06 series, and the fantastic, recent 2010-11 series held in Australia. It also includes a colour photo section celebrating the players, the matches and the key moments from an ongoing rivalry.
- Standard - £6.35 (Monday to Friday) Delivery within 3-5 working days.
- International - £29.95 To over 120 countries, within 7 - 14 working days.
- Europe - £29.95 Delivery within 7 - 14 working days.
Please note: We cannot deliver on English public holidays or at specific times of day, unless otherwise stated.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the items are returned in their original packaging.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted. Return by post or courier within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when we will refund you with an eVoucher to the value of your items.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.